Our client, a local developer, is currently seeking an experienced Superintendent Wood Frame, for a full-time role in Coquitlam BC.
In this role, your primary responsibilities will be:
- Undertake overall responsibility for all on-site construction activities. Typically on urban, infill projects wood-frame structures of 4-6 storeys.
- Lead and direct all field personnel on the project, ensuring momentum on the project is created and sustained.
- Act as a liaison for all project stakeholders including Senior Management, Consultants, Inspectors, trades, etc.
- Review all project plans, specifications, applicable documentation and report any omissions or discrepancies directly to the Construction Manager.
- Ensure all work is performed by contractors and suppliers to contract documents (including drawings, specifications and contract scopes of work).
- Review and maintain the construction schedule and ensure that all contractors and suppliers comply with the critical dates they are required to meet and review weekly with the Project Manager.
- Take full responsibility to ensure that all Municipal Inspections, Professional Inspections, Occupancy Permits and possession dates have been achieved to the satisfaction of the Construction Manager.
- Assume direct responsibility to ensure the quality of construction, products and finishing are at the level acceptable to our client.
- Enforce and monitor the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Work Safe BC regulations to ensure a safe jobsite.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of 8+ years’ experience in Wood Frame required.
- Minimum of 5+ years of construction experience in a supervisory or management capacity
- Intermediate computer skills: MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, Project)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.