Superintendent woodframe residential
Our client is a team of 500 people driven by creativity, passion and direct communication. They have invested in, developed or managed – alone or in partnership – more than 320 residential, commercial and retail projects across western North America. Their portfolio includes 20,500 homes that are complete, in design or under construction, from master planned mixed use residential and multifamily, to townhome, rental and single family communities. They own, co-own, manage or have previously owned over 9 million square feet of retail, industrial and office space.
You are a builder. You like to get your hands dirty, direct the action and be the hub of communication. You are able to stand back and feel proud of what you are building. You want to work with construction professionals who build quality Wood-Frame residential projects, safely, with both the community and the homeowners’ best interests in mind. You understand and enjoy the intricacies that come with a Wood-Frame project and are a confident team leader.
- Will deliver on company values such as Teamwork, Results and Passion
- Will ensure momentum on the project is created and sustained
- Know how to drive results even when the chips are down
- Can communicate priorities with conviction and candor
What you’ll do
- Assume overall responsibility for all on-site construction activities on a Wood-Frame project
- Maintain constant communications with senior management, consultants, inspectors and all applicable officials related to the ongoing construction of the project
- Ensure all work is performed by contractors and suppliers to contract documents (including drawings, specifications and contract scopes of work)
- Review all project plans, specifications, applicable documentation and report any omissions or discrepancies directly to the Construction Manager
- Review and maintain the construction schedule and ensure that all contractors and suppliers comply with the critical dates they are required to meet
- Take full responsibility to ensure that all Municipal inspections, professional inspections, occupancy permits and possession dates have been achieved to the satisfaction of the Construction Manager
- Assume direct responsibility to ensure the quality of construction, products and finishing
- Enforce and monitor the Occupational Health & Safety Act and WorkSafeBC regulations to ensure a safe jobsite
- Respond to emergencies on the site in the off hours
- Proven experience leading and directing all field personnel
- A thorough understanding of the entire Wood-Frame construction process – including Wood-Frame over parkade (a must)
- Excellent and respectful verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to get things done
- Great, diverse, authentic people!
- Unlimited career growth opportunities
- Mentorship from the ‘best in the biz’
- Corporate Giving Strategy supporting community development
- Annual salary reviews and performance bonuses
- 100% employer paid Benefit Plan with Healthcare Spending Account and Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Assistance Program
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.