Our client is a highly experienced, efficient & extremely organized developer, builder, with a strong team of passionate & like minded professionals managing all aspects of the development & construction process for low rise wood frame mixed use projects in the Lower Mainland.
We are seeking an experienced Site Superintendent with proven experience in wood frame townhomes & low-rise mixed use developments. The candidate will be responsible for managing the day to day activities on a construction site, overseeing all trades and effectively managing on site activities.
The successful candidate must possess strong knowledge of the BCBC, have proven experience and confidence in engaging and interacting with all consultants, construction crews and sub-contractors to ensure productivity and quality control for a successful project.
The candidate will report and work alongside their project appointed project manager for the duration of the project & must be driven to perform at high level & have excellent communication skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- successful planning, scheduling, coordination and execution of work that delivers project milestones on time
- attaining or exceeding project goals
- a commitment to promoting the company’s safety culture
- the supervision & relationship development of on-site construction staff
- willingness to grow within the company with a long term focus
- commitment to systems & operating procedures
- 10+ years’ experience in construction, at least 5 years in a role of Superintendent
- in-depth knowledge of the construction industry and company operations, specifically construction specifications, building materials, methods and procedures
- working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Excel, Word and Outlook and ability to learn & daily manage internal operational systems
- ability to visualize the entire project and anticipate construct-ability issues and embed solutions in the construction plans and schedules
- ability to visualize and create the project schedule’s critical path
- ability to schedule, monitor and forecast resources for optimum efficiency
- ability to manage others and many facets of the construction project and assume responsibility
- ability to work in a team environment and be a true LEADER
- Red Seal Carpentry or Concrete Forming background is an asset
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.