About the Role
Our client is growing its institutional division with a Senior Project Manager as continue to diversify our business. Reporting to the Vice President and Director, the Senior Project Manager will lead the full construction process of this project and strive to exceed clients’ and owners’ expectations by ensuring quality, design and construction is executed in a timely and efficient manner. With the support of an established project team, the successful candidate will:
- Provide strong leadership to construction team members, capitalizing on individual and group strengths to ensure project targets are achieved;
- Plan and oversee the end-to-end construction delivery by identifying project risks, developing project plans and implementing contingency plans;
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, within scope, budget and requirements, and complies with all regulatory, environmental and health and safety requirements;
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships, resolving issues, managing client expectation, and ensuring client satisfaction;
- Demonstrate leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project;
- Ensure approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, applicable building codes and our standards for project excellence are maintained;
- Develop and maintain the construction schedule in conjunction with project team to meet milestones and completion dates;
- Maintain, tracks and reports all financial aspects of project including forecasts and billings;
- Manage the procurement process including subcontractor/trade/supplier negotiations and awards.
What you Bring
The ideal candidate for the Senior Project Manager role is an experienced Project Manager with an institutional portfolio, ready to step into leadership and management. Your portfolio consists of a mix of medium to large scaled, complex, institutional projects (hospitals, research labs, university buildings, etc). You are keen to join an organization in its growth spurt and apply your strong business acumen to play a key role in the company’s expansion strategy.
Skills and Experience
- At least 10 years of large-scale institutional and commercial construction experience as part of a general contractor;
- At least 5 years in a managerial role, directly supervising a project team with varying levels of experience;
- Proven record and ability to execute exceptional work on time and within budget;
- A strong personal network of real estate and construction professionals – ability to leverage these relationships to deliver quality and excellence to the customer;
- Superior and professional, client-facing communication skills – both oral and written;
- Experience working on projects with multiple owners and partners will be considered an asset.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.