Haystack is seeking an experienced Senior Estimator with demonstrated leadership abilities to join our client and mentor their growing team in BC.
With decades of success, our client is one of the most well-established builders in Canada with a diverse portfolio in commercial, institutional, industrial, and residential construction. In additional to a strong focus on health & safety, our client takes pride in developing long-term relationships with their partners that are built on trust, integrity, and quality. You will be joining a team of talented construction professionals with a mission to expand the business operations across BC and promote a positive team culture.
As Senior Estimator, you are responsible for managing the procurement process for all assigned projects from the concept to lump sum tender, including participation in the contract letting and planning stage. You are also an essential part for the management of assigned estimating staffs subcontractor/supplier relations and continual development of estimating procedures and processes to achieve the company business plan.
This role requires a highly experienced, dynamic leader with sound knowledge of fundamental estimating, excellent vendor and client relationship ability, and skills in business development.
- Accurately interpret and comprehend tender drawings and specifications
- Perform and/or direct quantity take-offs from tender drawings
- Develop strategies to create a competitive edge
- Budget development and submission
- Detailed and comprehensive quantity takeoff and accurate cost evaluation
- Subcontractor and supplier bid solicitation, scope definition and clarification, risk evaluation and bid submission
- Oversee the tendering and awarding of contracts
- Point of contact and advisor for assigned project(s) from initial contact with client to handover/transfer of project to the project team upon contract award
- Able to successfully and independently lead a Design-Build project through the tender stage, including involvement in team meetings
- Mentorship of junior employees
- Actively participate in business development efforts to identify and track client and project pursuits
- Perform any other task related to the position
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education related to construction or engineering
- 5+ years of related experience in a lead estimating role
- Ability to logically sequence construction work and build project schedule
- Superb planning, scheduling, and organization skills
- Proficiency with computer programs such as Microsoft Office, bid management and estimating software
- Professional Quantity Surveyor (PQS) from CIQS is an asset
- Experience working with Procore is an asset
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.