Are you a seasoned and detailed Estimator ready to take the next step up in your career and grow with an extraordinary team?
With decades of success, our client is one of the most reputable and trusted General Contractors based in Western Canada. In addition to a dynamic and fun team, our client is known to look after their employees well while offering steady growth trajectories.
As the ideal individual for this role, you will have previous mentoring experience with junior staffs as well as experience estimating on residential, commercial, and/or institutional construction. As a Senior Estimator, you will be an integral part in our client’s estimating team in delivering excellence in projects while supporting the company’s growing Canadian business.
- Issue tender packages, create scopes of work, and lead tender closings
- Perform quantity take offs based on drawings
- Review quotes from subcontractors and make recommendations
- Liaise with the project management team during the tender and pre-construction stages
- Review documents and drawings to define scope of estimates
- Negotiate, issue, and monitor subcontracts plus major purchase orders
- Mentor junior staffs to assist with development and growth
- Maintain the company’s competitive advantage and develop effective bid strategies
- Put together risk management strategies for budgets and schedules
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with various stakeholders including clients, consultants, subcontractors, municipalities, and project teams
- Post secondary education related to construction
- 5+ years of estimating experience working for a general contractor with project value ranging from $100K to $100M+ in Canada
- Exposure to residential multifamily, commercial, and institutional buildings is an asset
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with MS Office, MS Project, and Procore is an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest, only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.