We are looking for an ‘Above and Beyond’ Senior Development Manager to join our team, because we will go above and beyond for you too! We have cultivated an environment that will keep you learning, growing, and achieving success alongside a hardworking team.
We want someone organized and self motivated, to drive our various development projects forward. From representing our projects at municipal public hearings to negotiating ceiling clear heights with our consultants, we want you to assess ahead of time what’s needed for the success of our projects as well as quarterback with other department leaders to ensure smooth operations in all facets of the development process.
Someone with strong character and sharp with numbers is a touchstone for this role. You’ll be communicating with all our internal and external stakeholders on behalf Alliance, so we want someone who can communicate effectively and concisely to translate to all points of contact. And we want you to be excited to be in a Real Estate environment while understanding the importance of meticulous attention to detail and enjoying the variance of each day.
There is a space between hard work and genuine connection and we strive to meet each person on our team in the middle.
If this sounds like you, we’d like to meet you there as well!
Reporting to the Principal, the Senior Development Manager is responsible for managing the development process from acquisition through to building permit approval and construction hand off. Working closely with the executive management team and external consultants, the Senior Development Manager will direct the programming, design, and approvals process on a variety of residential and light industrial projects.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage land development approvals and entitlements process (subdivision, rezoning applications, development permit, building permit, environmental, etc.), including securing approvals, managing budgets and schedules, and directing project teams
- Prepare project reports including development strategies, proforma analysis, project schedules, schematic designs and outline specifications
- Develop feasibility analysis, financial review, pro forma creation and modification
- Utilize exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to foster excellent relationships with consultants, municipal staff, the public and other interest groups; develop excellent written & oral communication skills
- Attend meetings and functions as required
- Coordinating with external design consultants and supporting development objectives
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of current policies, bylaws in Greater Vancouver municipalities
- Liaising and supporting construction team as needed
Summary of Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the architecture/design and construction industry
- Education and/or background in urban planning or architecture or engineering
- Proven success securing approvals, adeptly managing budgets and schedules for major development projects
- Established network of industry contacts (municipal, consultant, and development communities)
- Strong communication and organizational skills and experience with organizing multiple parties
- Strong analytical skills
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.