Our client, a leading general contractor of mixed-use, residential, commercial, and special projects, is currently seeking an experienced Project Manager, Wood Frame, for a full-time role in Vancouver, BC.
The Project Manager, Wood Frame provides overall direction for assigned projects and assumes responsibility for the whole project performance, including costs, schedule, quality assurance, and project status. This position involves subcontract negotiations, liaison with owners, engineers, and sub-trades, and management of the technical and financial aspects of the contract. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects and ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within the scope and budget
- Develop and manage project scope, schedule, costs, and objectives involve all relevant stakeholders and ensure technical feasibility
- Act as front-line contact with consultants, engineers, trades, site staff, and the owners
- Promote and project the company image of efficiency, quality, and technical competence and fair management of trades and suppliers
Your extensive knowledge and experience working on wood frame projects as part of the general contractor will be a tremendous asset to our clients and your team members. You are polished, organized, teachable, and have strong business acumen – excited to learn new things. You are an excellent communicator, and you speak assertively – in fact, you’re able to speak up and advise both internal and external stakeholders professionally. Most importantly, you are interested and committed to growing your career with us long term and expanding your portfolio with a reputable construction company.
- At least 5-6 years of experience as a Project Manager (from project start to finish) as part of a general contractor
- A robust portfolio of completed wood frame projects with larger general contractors
- Proficient with project management tools, such as Microsoft Project and/or Procore
- Ability to communicate, confidently, and professionally to all levels of an organization both internally and externally
- Post-secondary education in Construction Management, or similar field