Haystack recruitment is doing a search for a Vancouver based developer who is in need of a junior project manager.
In this position you will be working under the supervision of the Construction Manager and the Senior VP of Development getting exposed to the full spectrum of project life cycle from Development Planning to Permitting, Design, Construction, Commissioning and Occupancy on an array of mixed use, residential and commercial projects.
Some of the Responsibilities:
– Responsible for monitoring active sites, liaising with General Contractors, construction site staff, consultants, and municipality.
– Assist the construction manager and consultants in implementing any agreements with governmental authorities with respect to items such as approval of plans, obtaining permits, etc.
– Coordinate municipal approvals and permits with the governing bodies.
– Prepare detailed quantity take‐offs for each trade and complete a working construction budget to be updated on a continuous basis based on the latest drawings and specifications.
– Estimating and pricing for individual scopes of work and the overall project.
– Review, negotiation, and management of General Contractor’s change orders, progress claims, and back charges.
– Continually monitor all project costs as they are incurred and related back to the original budget in order to maintain an accurate information system as to monthly financial commitments.
– Negotiate changes with the General Contractor and recommend to the Construction Manager any necessary amendments to the contract sum.
– 5 years “hands‐on” experience as a Project Coordinator
– residential experience, Specific experience with concrete and/or wood frame structures
–Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (including MS Project) and familiarity with estimating software is required
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.