Denciti Development Corp. is a Vancouver based real estate development company that creates urban industrial, commercial and residential developments. As developers, they have invested decades in creating and applying a Marketing and Development Plan method that delivers consistent and successful projects. Together their Principals’ knowledge and experience in real estate, development and finance spans over 90 years. Over that time, the team has delivered over $2 billion of real estate across Canada.
Denciti is growing and is excited to announce the opening of an Assistant Development Manager position to expand the close-knit team. The ideal candidate is craving the opportunity to progress their career through hands-on training and experience working directly with the senior development management team. The successful candidate is detail-oriented and unafraid to take on challenging new tasks. This is a full-time position with the opportunity for further advancement.
Reporting to the Principals, the duties of the Assistant Development Manager include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage land development approvals and entitlements process (subdivision, rezoning applications, development permit, building permit, environmental, etc.), including securing approvals, managing budgets and schedules, and directing project teams.
- Direct developments in a variety of municipalities.
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with municipal staff and Council. Attend meetings and functions as required.
- Prepare and monitor project budgets including monthly budget reviews and preparation of update reports in conjunction with the Finance team.
- Collaborate and direct the project consultants with excellent communication skills to foster a successful team environment.
- Monitor project from acquisition to completion, including construction.
- Support and perform acquisition analysis of potential properties.
- Five (5) or more years of development management experience (preferably residential and commercial sectors) with demonstrated ability managing projects.
- Creative and methodical problem solver, with a strong attention to detail and confidence preparing pro forma models, budgets, and schedules.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple developments and prioritize tasks.
- Familiarity with permit applications, local bylaws, and building requirements.
- University degree in a related field (Architecture, Engineering, Project Management, Real Estate Development, etc.).
- Established network of industry contacts (municipal, consultant, and development communities).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in computer systems and office software.
If you are the type of person who seeks to answer “yes” to the following:
- Is this work meaningful to me?
- Is this job going to give me a chance to develop?
- Am I going to learn new things?
- Will I have an opportunity for recognition and achievement?
- Am I going to be given responsibility?
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.