WHAT YOU’LL DO
As the Construction Manager, you will work with in-house and field personnel to provide overall project performance. You will ensure schedule, costs, quality, stakeholders satisfaction and the integrity of the design are maintained. You will work closely with the Design and Development services team and maintain excellent relationships with subcontractors and clients.
• Achieve the project budget and meet or exceed target net margin
• Meet or beat the project milestones and schedule
• Prepare detailed construction schedules and track on a weekly basis and present a Monthly Report
• Deliver scope while meeting or exceeding design and client’s quality, fit and finish expectations
• Coach, motivate and facilitate the project team superintendents, estimating and subcontractors/suppliers to achieve project budget, scope and schedule
• Ensure WorkSafe practices are being followed and report any infractions in order to ensure safety of employees, sub-trades and community
• Lead the bid process and be accountable for the bid
• Implement and monitor the Construction Management Process, in accordance with the CM Manual and Governance Policy
• Ensure all contractual issues and deficiencies are resolved within 30 days from tenant/client occupancy
• Prepare monthly billings and progress claims
• Analyze, interpret and execute action on Management Control Reports and cost forecasts
• Identify suitable service offerings and recommendations for clients. Provide client reporting in alignment with the client’s requirements
• Performs other duties as required
WHO YOU ARE
You collaborate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds (team members, clients, and the community) in a clear and articulate way.
You are candid and comfortable when working with our internal teams and external partners. You enjoy working in a cross-functional collaborative environment alongside your colleagues.
You have excellent time management and prioritization skills; you get things done right within short timeframes.
You are solution oriented; you discover and fix issues without being told to do so.
You are able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and unwavering attention to detail.
You lead, mentor and support teams to enhance their technical skills and knowledge, providing them with feedback for growth.
You learn from your mistakes and welcome feedback from your supervisors and peers.
You are highly skilled, experienced, and enjoy orchestrating projects with many moving parts.
You are a relationship builder with strong client management skills. You present a positive and professional image of our business operations to external clients.
You demonstrate consistently strong performance, so your colleagues can rely on you.
• 5+ years of experience of construction management with a design-builder, general contractor, sub-contractor and/or owner’s representative
• Degree in Engineering, Project Management or Architecture
• Previous experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment
• Experience working on site as a Project Coordinator or Site Superintendent for the term of one project
• Working towards or has a designation in Engineering, Project Management or Architecture
• Excellent capability within Outlook and MS Office suite
• Competent in Estimating and Take-off, MS Project to track, plan and coordinate projects
• Knowledge of Provincial Building Codes, Building envelope, Health and Safety Regulations, Timberline Project Management, Contract Control and Change Management
• Gold Seal Intern or Gold Seal Certified considered an asset
• PQS designation, a trade certification or a business degree considered an asset
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.