About the Role
Our client is looking to add a Senior Design Manager to their growing Virtual Construction department, specializing in high-profile multi-tower residential and mixed-use projects. This key purpose of our Design team is to ensure that the needs of ownership and development partners are being incorporated into the design process. Responsibilities include:
- Work predominantly in the pre-construction phase of projects, from early rezoning meetings up to and past final issued for construction milestones;
- Manage drawings and model workflow as part of our virtual construction team;
- Communicate with different project stakeholders, including coordinating with consultants and sub-contractors;
- Act as an advisor to the client and work with sites to ensure the design is in accordance with our construction standards and industry leading attention to detail.
What you Bring
The ideal Senior Design Manager is a liaison between the design consultant team, site construction team, and client group. People would describe you as a strong and effective communicator, and you have a natural ability to connect with people. In our business, humility goes a long way, and that means working effectively with anyone and everyone, regardless of title or seniority. You enjoy working with trades, utilizing virtual construction platforms and can communicate designs and drawings effectively to all levels within an organization – both internally and externally.
Skills and Qualifications
- Over Eight (8) years of experience in construction, architecture or design, with experience in residential high-rise/towers;
- Academic degree or diploma in Architecture, Design, Construction, Building Technology, Engineering or a related field;
- Good working knowledge of architectural design, documentation, detailing, building materials and codes, construction techniques, as well as city bylaws and city permitting processes;
- Excellent service-oriented communication skills with ability to build trust with our clients;
- Some knowledge of or exposure to construction best practices, tendering processes, and construction administration will be considered an asset;
- Intermediate proficiency in Revit at the minimum, and experience with MS Project, Revizto or Synchro will be considered an asset.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.