Our client is looking to bring on a Purchasing Manager to join the growing team. You will work directly with our project teams to ensure the timely delivery of materials and services across our construction sites. The successful candidate has a passion for construction and is able to support our Superintendents and Project Managers in sourcing the right material for the job and is able to build and maintain relationships with our vendors. Key responsibilities include:
- Create, track, and expedite material requests in a timely manner;
- Work with Accounts Payable and Vendors to resolve invoice discrepancies;
- Own the central purchasing function and continue to support the successful execution of projects;
- Build long-term relationships with internal stakeholders, and suppliers;
- Communicate proactively and regularly with Superintendents and Project Managers on upcoming purchasing needs;
- Travel to sites when required.
What you Bring
The ideal Purchasing Manager has a balanced background in both high-rise construction and construction materials. You bring a problem-solving mindset. You are eager to learn from our experts and leaders to become the best in the industry. You are a determined individual who values ownership and accountability within a growing team.
Required Skills and Experience
- Two to three (2-3) years of construction purchasing and material management experience in a high-volume, fast-paced environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and exceptional ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders;
- Experience using Microsoft Office;
- High-rise residential, commercial and mixed-use construction experience within the local market will be considered an asset.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.