Our client is a general contractor focused on large residential and mixed-use projects. They are looking to bring on a Director, Preconstruction to the team to oversee the preconstruction stages of all their projects from inception to contract.
Reporting to the Vice President, the successful candidate will be focused on four major areas:
- Review business plan, budget and schedule with owners and developers during regular touchpoints and meetings;
- Provide construction input and expertise to Owner/Developer’s innovation ideas.
- Attend all consultant design development meetings at every stage of project evolution;
- Maintain design details and specification;
- Coordinate all documentation between department and consultants.
- Liaise with estimating and project management teams as well as architects and designers;
- Create both scope tracking and value engineering sheet with design and cost adjustments.
- Negotiate any early contracts, supply and bulk purchase arrangements;
- Coordinate prime contract terms between contractor and Owner/Developer.
What you Bring
You are a forward-thinking professional that understands construction from all angles – estimation, project management, and client service. While a large part of this position requires a strong background and knowledge base in residential and mixed-use construction, another equally important skill is the ability to adapt, work collaboratively and build relationships in the organization to achieve our clients’ end goal. You value a diverse team, and you know how to build on the strengths of others to get to the finish line.
Our Must Haves
- At least eight (8) years of construction experience in either 1) estimating and project management, or 2) preconstruction, with a portfolio of residential or mixed-use projects;
- Ability to collaborate effectively and leverage the diverse skillsets of the organization to reach the end goal for the client;
- Certificate, diploma, or degree in Construction Management, Building Technology, Construction Technology, or a related field;
- Proficiency in an estimating or scheduling software, such as Bluebeam or Procore;
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills – ability to clearly communicate with owners, consultants, and trade partners.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.